You can build an EndNote database (called a Library) several different ways:
1. Run a literature search in a database such as Cochrane Systematic Reviews.
2. Export the results to a file and name the file.
3. Use the green EndNote dropdown arrow to Import File.
4. Choose matching Import Option, click Import.
5. Import records into the EndNote Library.
1. Select References, New Reference.
You can also do Ctrl/N or click the New Library Icon
2. Select Reference Type.
(Tip: Choose Book Section for a book chapter)
3. Enter the applicable fields
(i.e. Author, Title, Date. etc.)
4. Once you've filled in the fields, click on the small X in the upper right-hand corner of EndNote to close the record. The record will prompt you to save. Be sure you save y our changes.
*If you are entering a webpage, be sure to include the URL and Access Date.
*If your author is an organization (i.e. American Cancer Society) enter the organization’s name into the Author field and be sure to put a comma after the name of the organization (.i.e. American Cancer Society,)
See video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30u5_b9d5D4
4. Select the reference/s you would like to add to your library and click on the Button.
For further instruction: http://endnote.com/training/mats/enuserguide/eng/endnote7/enguide-chpt6.pdf
While in EndNote Online, go to "Options, Download Installers" and follow the directions. Usually you can just drag the Capture Reference icon to your browser toolbar.
Carpenter Library | Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center | Contact Us