The full desktop verson of EndNote is set up to find and insert PDF's along with the citations. These are limited to open access journals and to journals where the Carpenter Library has a paid subscription. Once the pdf is attached to the record in the Desktop version of EndNote, you can sync your primary EndNote Library to your EndNote Online account and the pdfs will also be available for you to use online. This is not true for the FREE (standalone) Online version of EndNote.
Here's how to get more help with EndNote:
1. Highlight the references for which you want to find the full-text PDFs (use Ctrl + A if you want to select them all) .
2. Click on the Find Full Text icon at the top of the screen.
3. If you are off-campus, the system will ask you to authenticate your credentials with your email and password.
4. The program will then search for PDF's and insert them into the EndNote Library. Paper clips will appear when a PDF is attached and the program will show you how many PDFs or url's were automatically found:
5. You can also attach PDFs not found by this automatic search by dragging and dropping PDFs that you have saved from another location on your computer.
Carpenter Library | Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center | Contact Us