"Future Medicine, an imprint of Future Science Group, addresses information needs in clinical and translational medicine and the biosciences. Taking a concise and forward-looking perspective of the developments in modern healthcare, our journals and eBooks span the scientific, clinical, economic and policy issues that confront us today."
WFSM holds an agreement with Future Science Group for publishing open access in hybrid and fully open access journals at no cost to the author. Also, as a part of this agreement, Carpenter Library subscribes to the complete collection of Future Science journals. Subscription and publication charges are rolled into one cost covered by Carpenter Library.
The read and publish agreement allows you to use only the corresponding authors' primary affiliation. The agreement does not apply to Drug Evaluation article types, or articles sponsored or funded by pharma/biotech. Authors should provide the journal editor with details of their affiliation with Wake Forest School of Medicine when submitting their article. All articles are subject to a standard peer-review process and will be accepted or rejected based on their own merit.
To find out what journal options are available, see the table of information here.
What does this mean for you?
• Your APCs may be covered if you or one of your co-authors are a member of WFSM
• You should note that extras are not included – if you wish to use any of the optional extras such as accelerated publication or color printing, please make sure you factor these costs in separately
• You have institutional access to the content from all Future Science journals
What should you do?
• Make sure that you and your co-authors are listed with their correct affiliations in the submission system
• Complete an open access form (see below) and upload it either at submission or revision
• Once your manuscript is accepted, the payment system will allow you to check that your institution is listed correctly and remove the open access fee.
Still have questions? Contact Future Science open access helpdesk via email or Carpenter Library.