- Open Access Publishing: Scholarly content made available online and free of charge to anyone upon publication.Open Archives: Scholarly content in subscription publications made available free of charge after an initial embargo period.
- Open Repositories: Digital collections of freely available scholarly content on a particular subject or the collected intellectual works of an institution or group of institutions.
- Open Data: Data that is freely available for use, reuse, and redistribution.
Borrowed from: https://guides.lib.unc.edu/open-access-and-scholarly-communications/introduction
- OA Gold - publishing
- OA Green - archiving
- Hybrid - article-level OA in traditional subscription access journals, usually for a fee
- Preprint - version of a scholarly work submitted for peer review including only the original work of the author(s)
- Postprint - also known as the author's final version, this version incorproates all changes from peer review, but it has not yet been copyedited and formatted for publication
- Creative Commons - a nonprofit organization that creates licenses under which works are distributed with reuse permissions granted upfront
- Addendum - attached to publication or copyright transfer agreements requesting additional author rights beyond those already granted by the publisher
Borrowed from: https://guides.zsr.wfu.edu/openaccess