Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Terms to Know
- Open Access Publishing: Scholarly content made available online and free of charge to anyone upon publication.Open Archives: Scholarly content in subscription publications made available free of charge after an initial embargo period.
- Open Repositories: Digital collections of freely available scholarly content on a particular subject or the collected intellectual works of an institution or group of institutions.
- Open Data: Data that is freely available for use, reuse, and redistribution.
Borrowed from: https://guides.lib.unc.edu/open-access-and-scholarly-communications/introduction
- OA Gold - publishing
- OA Green - archiving
- Hybrid - article-level OA in traditional subscription access journals, usually for a fee
- Preprint - version of a scholarly work submitted for peer review including only the original work of the author(s)
- Postprint - also known as the author's final version, this version incorproates all changes from peer review, but it has not yet been copyedited and formatted for publication
- Creative Commons - a nonprofit organization that creates licenses under which works are distributed with reuse permissions granted upfront
- Addendum - attached to publication or copyright transfer agreements requesting additional author rights beyond those already granted by the publisher
Borrowed from: https://guides.zsr.wfu.edu/openaccess
Carpenter Library | Atrium Health/Wake Forest University School of Medicine | Contact Us