Skip to Main Content
WFUSM Charlotte Faculty and Atrium Charlotte Medical Residents' Access to Document Delivery Services
WFUSM Charlotte Faculty and Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center Medical Residents
- WFUSM Charlotte faculty, Atrium medical residents and select staff with wakehealth.edu email addresses may now register on ILLiad for interlibrary loan and document delivery services through Carpenter Library. We use ILLiad software for the submission of all document delivery and ILL requests and the delivery of requested articles, so we ask any faculty and medical residents needing our services to set up an account there first. When you are prompted to enter your status, please enter WFSM Charlotte Faculty or Atrium Charlotte Medical Resident.
- Our services are free to affiliated faculty and residents, and turnaround time for article requests varies from within a few hours to two to three days (some materials may take longer).
- Articles that have been received will be posted in PDF format to your ILLiad account, where they can be viewed by looking under Download PDFs on the main menu. The articles will be posted there for one month, after which they are automatically deleted, so if you need continued access to your articles, please be sure to save them or print them out before that time.
- Copies from print materials can be harder to obtain currently, since so many library staffs are still working remotely, with limited access to their print books and journals. We are generally able to obtain copies for you within a week or so, however.
- Book loans will take longer, as they are sent to our library first and then forwarded onto Charlotte AHEC for pick-up. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for books to arrive if we have to order them through another library.
Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center patrons
Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center patrons without wakehealth email addresses may submit requests for interlibrary loan services through Charlotte AHEC.
Carpenter Library | Atrium Health/Wake Forest University School of Medicine | Contact Us